Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Job Description Title||Reporter, Sr|
|Working Title||Reporter, Sr|
|Physical Location||Kent Campus - Kent, OH|
|Home Organization||WKSU Radio - Kent Campus:100466|
|Contract Length||12 month|
|Job Open Date||02/23/2017|
|Job Close Date|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
NON-TRADITIONAL HOURS/EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS MAY BE REQUIRED.
|Additional Basic Functions - if applicable|
To gather, produce, report and/or anchor local programming inserts during national and/or local programming. Reports to News Director.
|Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities||
Duties/essential functions may include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Write, edit and prioritize news items.
• Record and produce taped news segments.
• “Voice” news or special event segments, live or taped.
• Respond to listener inquiries.
• Anchor local programming inserts during national and local programming; announce local news, weather, service announcements, and underwriting credits; plan and organize program elements to ensure continuity.
• Review, edit and prioritize wire copy (e.g., Associated Press, National Public Radio Business Wire, etc.) and locally produced copy and taped material prior to broadcast.
• Record and produce taped news segments for broadcast.
• Research, schedule, conduct, and produce live and taped interviews for use as inserts in national and local programming.
• May be assigned as Producer for all or part of special projects, e.g. grant funded series, election coverage.
• May supervise students and/or provide functional guidance of support staff or other employees who work on a project or assignment on a temporary or intermittent basis.
|Additional Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities - if applicable|
Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or relevant field or one year of additional experience may be substituted for each year of the education requirement; two to three years of news reporting experience. Must possess broadcast-quality voice.
Knowledge of broadcast production techniques and FCC regulations.
Assessments: Asterisk (*) indicates knowledge, skills, abilities which require assessments.
|Additional Minimum Qualifications - if applicable|
The intent of this description is to illustrate the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and should not be interpreted to describe all the specific duties and responsibilities that may be required in any particular position. Directly related education/experience beyond the minimum stated may be substituted where appropriate at the discretion of the Appointing Authority. Kent State University reserves the right to revise or change job duties, job hours, and responsibilities.
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Typically requires sitting, walking, standing, bending, keying, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Incumbent may be required to travel from building to building frequently and off campus occasionally.
Must pass a security check.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you possess a Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism or relevant field (or one year of additional experience may be substituted for each year of the education requirement)?
Do you possess two to three years of news reporting experience?
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Reference Document
- Other Doc